24 June, 2010

Unknown tool

I found this in my sewing box. 
I know I bought it for a reason many years ago... but what the 'duck' is it?? 
I can't remember what it is or what it does... HELP!


  1. Is it for transferring pattern markings?

  2. It's called a tracing wheel. It's used to mark fabric with chalk paper. (that's a kind of carbon paper made with chalk.) It's used to mark the darts and where to pleat, and other fun things like that, there.
    It might be valuable. I haven't seen one in years.
    Thanks for bringing back some good memories of my mother. She sewed most of clothing when I was a child.

  3. Ha! Thanks guys! So, I wonder why I bought it? Maybe I thought it was a crazy ravioli maker for fabric?!?!


Hey there!
Welcome and thanks for reading CraftyRie.com.

I promise that I read every comment and reply back where I can.