30 August, 2015

Taa daa

Woot woot, I finished another dress for Laney!  This dress took me ages because not only is it fine yarn (fingering weight) but I've been sick for three months! 
Do I have you fooled thinking that I used a gradient yarn? 

...well I didn't! 
When I finished the dress looked like this...
..too bland and pale for my lil girl so I decided to experiment and dip dye it.

First I knitted a test piece (which if it works, was to be the bow on the finished dress)...
before & after

 

 Then to soak, dip, squeeze, dip, squeeze over & over again.


So yep, I think it worked ok.
  ...oh & um, it's still needs to have the buttons added & the lil bow sewn on but hey, I'm excited and wanted to show you!

8 comments:

  1. Really adorable, Rie! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is perfect!!!
    Definitely needed the dip dye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think it just needed that little something to stop it from being boring!

      Delete
  3. It's lovely and what a great idea to hand dye the wool xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful, and I love the overdyeing idea, you're so clever and creative!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there!
Welcome & thanks for reading CraftyRie.com.

I promise that I read every comment & reply back where I can.